Location Banská Štiavnica
Gavalier Design Rooms are located right on the main square of Banska Stiavnica. From there it is possible to reach easily all attractions of Banska Stiavnica, registerred by UNESCO, as a Plague Column of the Holy Trinity, St. Catherine's Church, Old Castle, Jozef Kollar Gallery and New Castle.
In the vicinity of Banská Štiavnica, there is many artificial lakes linked with history of mining systems and nowadays suitable for summer recreation. Further there are the attractions as mining museum in Štiavnické Bane (6 km), thermal spa Sklené Teplice (14 km) water park Vyhne(14 km) ski resort Salamandra nearby Hodruša-Hámre (8km) and 18-hole golf court Tri Duby in Sliač (30 km).
Banská Štiavnica is located in the mountainous part of the nature protected area of Štiavnica hills and the distance from Vienna is 247 km, from Krakow 260 km, from Budapest 143 km, from Bratislava is about 165 km and from Kosice about 240 km.
It is available in five directions through R1 expressway that connects Bratislava to Banska Bystrica
- from Bratislava through Hodrusa-Hamre (turn on the expressway R1 Žarnovica)
- from Bratislava through the Sklené Teplice (turn on the expressway R1 Lehôtka pod Brehmi)
- from Banska Bystrica, Zvolen through Kozelník (turn the R1 expressway in Dúbrava)
- from Nitra, Levice through Štiavnické Bane
- from Šahy through St. Anton